On behalf of the Tuggeranong Community Council I congratulate the TCC members, past and present, whose contribution to our community was formally recognised at the recent ‘Footsteps to Follow’ ceremony at the Town Centre Park.
- Glenys Patulny – for her services to improve water quality in Lake Tuggeranong and all-over support for our environment through her work on the TCC and the Southern ACT Catchment Group.
- Alison Ryan – for her tireless and successful campaign that led to the introduction of Random Roadside Drug Testing in the ACT.
- Rusty Woodward – for her dedicated service to the community in the establishment of a permanent club for Tuggeranong seniors, her work with the ACT Lung Life Support Group and Council on the Aging.
- Bill Heins – for his services to planning and development in the community through the TCC.
- Bob Weight – for his continuous service and support for sport in the Valley, the Scouting Organisation, the RAAF and community planning and development..
- Rosemary Lissimore – for her long and dedicated service to the Tuggeranong community as President of the TCC.
- David Lissimore – for his long and dedicated service to the Tuggeranong community through the TCC.
- Don Thomas – for his long and dedicated service to the Tuggeranong community through the Lanyon Valley Community Forum and the TCC.
In different ways these people have made Tuggeranong a better place for all of us to enjoy. I hope that their example will challenge us all to do our bit to make Tuggeranong an even better place to live and work. Well done!
Eric Traise, TCC President
(See Photo Album)