On Sunday 5th March as part of “Clean Up Australia Day” over 50 people helped clean up the Lake. Organised by the Tuggeranong Lake Carers (TLC) over 32 bags of rubbish were collected as well as multiple shopping trolleys, a number of mattresses and other debris. The TLC were well supported by the Tuggeranong Sea Scouts who had well over 20 scouts, cubs and parents helping out, including suppling a car, trailer and driver to pick up rubbish left in various pre determined points and return to the Scout Hall. The Tuggeranong Community Council put on a BBQ for all participants
Other groups who supported us included:
- The Lake Tuggeranong Rowing Club
- The Clean Up Australia people who supplied some bags, gloves etc.
- The Southern ACT Catchment Group who supplied a lot of equipment and support
- Bunnings – who donated additional bags and gloves (NCA – who gave us some additional pickers, rakes and bags
- Icon Water – who donated water bottles for volunteers
Overall, the day was a huge success with residents and groups in Tuggeranong all working together to improve our lake and surrounding area.